You know that feeling you get when 3:00 p.m. rolls around and you feel your stomach start to rumble. It becomes a free for all to munch on anything close by. You slowly realize how many empty calories you have consumed without even noticing and quickly regret that delicious cookie you just snuck in.
Snacks are a great thing for your diet if you are enjoying the right ones. In college I was introduced to a no-bake energy bite that is both filling and tasty. They take under an hour to make and they last all week!
- 1 Cup of Oatmeal
- ½ Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 1 Cup of Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup of Ground Flaxseed
- ½ Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips (mix it up with dark or white chocolate)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Let mixture chill in the fridge for half an hour
- Once chilled, roll into medium size balls
- Place in container and store in refrigerator until ready to eat
Each batch lasts up to 1 week and makes about 15 medium size bites.
Comment below with pictures of your no-bake energy bites and what you thought of this tasty treat! For questions, please email email@example.com and be sure to follow The Southern Wave on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!