Growing up, one of my favorite after-school treats was my mother’s homemade banana chocolate chip bread. It was always so flavorful and fresh, I couldn’t help but go back for seconds! Normally, she would bake the batter in small bread pans, but I like to bake mine in muffin pans for an easy, on-the-go breakfast or snack. Both ways taste delicious!
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup: Oil
- 1 cup: Sugar
- 2 eggs: Beaten
- 3 whole bananas: Ripe
- 1/2 teaspoon: Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup: Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cup: Flour
- 1 teaspoon: Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon: Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: Salt
- 3 tablespoon: Milk
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together, EXCEPT flour.
- Once beaten on high, gradually mix in flour.
- Line pan with wax paper.
- Evenly distribute batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until fully cooked.
Recipe makes enough for 3 small loaves of bread or 18 muffins. If desired; add 1/2 cup walnuts for extra flavor and crunch.
This recipe is great for an everyday snack or for a tasty dessert on Thanksgiving! Give it a try and tag me in your posts at @The_Southern_Wave on Instagram. Happy baking!